Quality & Assurance
Bashbayo places great emphasis on implementing effective quality management systems to assist clients in delivering streamlined, organized project management procedures in order to deliver positive outcomes for their customers. Bashbayo ensure that quality assurance documentation and procedures are audited on regular basis to comply with current standards. Key Performance Indicators will be identified and targets set to monitor and improve overall Occupational Health Safety and Environmental Performance.
The Directors have ultimate responsibility for the implementation and review of the Bashbayo OHS&E policy and delegation of OHS&E management responsibilities. In fulfilling the objectives of this policy, management is committed to regular consultation with all staff to ensure and identify that implementation of the policy is carried out effectively and that health, safety and environmental issues have minimal impact.
In this regard, managers are responsible and accountable for day-to-day OHS&E within their areas of responsibility, and have the authority to fulfill those responsibilities. The Health Safety and Environment unit is available to consult and advise on specific OHS&E matters and to assist with the development and implementation of OH&S system procedures and programs. The OHS&E responsibilities of management at all levels, are detailed further in our OHS&E management system.
Bashbayo is committed to ensuring, as far as reasonably practicable, a safe place of work for all employees, contractors and visitors across all sites.
Bashbayo occupation health and safety OHS objectives are thus:
– Ensure the ongoing compliance of the work health and safety act 2011 and work health and safety regulation 2011 mine health and safety act 2004 and mine health and safety regulation 2007.
– Maintain the mine safety management plan (MSMP) based on AS/NZS 4801, AS/NZS4804 and AS 4360.
– Develop and report against measurable objectives and targets with the aim to continually improve and the company OHS performance and reduce the number of workplace injury & illness.
– Promote effective consultation and communication with employees, subcontractors, suppliers and regulatory authorities regarding workplace health and safety.
– Ensure that all employees of the company subcontractors, suppliers and clients are aware that health and safety is considered a priority IN all aspects of the company business.
To fulfill these objectives, Bashbayo will:
– Appoint a management representative who shall be responsible for ensuring the MSMP is implemented and maintained including progress reports against set targets and objectives.
– Review the effectiveness of the MSMP and progress with achieving the company’s objectives through various consultation processes such as safety meetings, projects review and following the results of internal and external adults.
– Provide ongoing training and education for all employees of the company.
– Review of the OHS policy in consultation with employees every 2 years.